Duration: 38 minutes
Cultures differ around the world - does that mean user interfaces should differ too? We talk about how companies have failed to reach international audiences & some funny cultural blunders!
Other things we talk about:
- Right-to-left language translation
- Ebay’s inconsistent user interface
- Bad product name translation fails
- Using chip & pin and contactless payments in America
- Andy reviews the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H9i, & the Sony WH-1000XM3
- Physical shops are failing at the single advantage they have over online shops
Articles we mentioned: International Usability Testing - https://www.nngroup.com/articles/international-usability-testing/
Products we talked about:
- Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H9i Noise cancelling headphones https://amzn.to/2QX6EJN
- Sony WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones https://amzn.to/2Qx21H0
- Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) Wireless Headphones https://amzn.to/2PE1IVL
The Unusable podcast is presented by Andrew Waite & David Ball, who discuss the importance of user experience (UX) in technology & the world around us, & talk about great design that just works - or moan about it when it doesn't.
Music is by Gold5472