David & Andrew discuss the importance of designing for failure & making sure the problem is communicated to the user.
Other things we talk about:
- The chaos monkey
- Chrome’s dinosaur game, service workers, BSOD & Twitter’s “fail whale”
- Creating the best error message
- Facebook’s annoying “chat heads”
- Andy’s hotel TV “nightmare”
- Sky TV & YouView’s interfaces
- Understanding website performance
The Unusable podcast is presented by Andrew Waite & David Ball, who discuss the importance of user experience (UX) in technology & the world around us, & talk about great design that just works - or moan about it when it doesn’t.
Here’s the link to the episode: https://podcast.theunusable.com/podcasts/009-designing-for-failure.mp3
Music is by Gold5472