Duration: 57 minutes
We discuss using technology with different types of disabilities, what the term "accessibility" really means, and how designing for accessibility benefits everyone.
Other things we talk about:
- Accessibility as an afterthought vs Inclusive design
- Screenreaders & how blind people use the internet
- Funkify disability simulator
- Silktide's screen reader simulator
- Voice UI for to provide accessibility options, including for the elderly & in the shower
- Andrew's bank nightmare
The Unusable podcast is presented by Andrew Waite & David Ball, who discuss the importance of user experience (UX) in technology & the world around us, & talk about great design that just works - or moan about it when it doesn't.
Music is by Gold5472