We discuss the Queen going shopping & being shown how self-checkouts work, & we discuss their advantages & annoyances. Also Andy has a story about a lame practical joke on a teacher using his Tesco club card.
Apologies for the terrible German at the beginning!
Other things we talk about:
- Online grocery shopping
- Amazon’s AI-powered grocery store
- Andy’s lame practical joke on a teacher using a Tesco club card
- Andy’s “Freezer beige”
- Self-checkout celebrity voices
- Reasons why people don’t like self-checkouts
- UX trends for shopping websites in 2019
- Andy meets a man named Martin in some old-fashioned bank
- ‘You can’t cheat?’ asks Queen at check-out
- What is Amazon Go, where is it, and how does it work?
- Six ecommerce UX trends for 2019
- 2019 Trends in UX for Ecommerce Websites
- 2019 UX Trends for eCommerce
The Unusable podcast is presented by Andrew Waite & David Ball, who discuss the importance of user experience (UX) in technology & the world around us, & talk about great design that just works - or moan about it when it doesn’t.
Here’s the link to the episode: https://podcast.theunusable.com/podcasts/011-self-checkouts-online-shopping.mp3
Music is by Gold5472