Duration: 44 minutes
We discuss the Queen going shopping & being shown how self-checkouts work, & we discuss their advantages & annoyances. Also Andy has a story about a lame practical joke on a teacher using his Tesco club card.
Apologies for the terrible German at the beginning!
Other things we talk about:
- Online grocery shopping
- Amazon's AI-powered grocery store
- Andy's lame practical joke on a teacher using a Tesco club card
- Andy's "Freezer beige"
- Self-checkout celebrity voices
- Reasons why people don't like self-checkouts
- UX trends for shopping websites in 2019
- Andy meets a man named Martin in some old-fashioned bank
The Unusable podcast is presented by Andrew Waite & David Ball, who discuss the importance of user experience (UX) in technology & the world around us, & talk about great design that just works - or moan about it when it doesn't.
Music is by Gold5472