David and Andrew talk about UX writing and try to answer why it’s different to copywriting, and what microcopy is. They also discuss annoying browser notifications, a more sensible way for asking to set cookies, and why opening a japanese soda is difficult. Other things we talk about:
- What Is Copywriting?
- What Is Microcopy?
- Notification Permission Prompt Spam in web browsers
- User Inyerface - a painful game of bad UX design
- Translation on websites
- What Is Copywriting and What Is Its Purpose?
- What is UX Writing?
- What Is Microcopy? And How To Do It Like A Boss - By Maria De La Riva
- Reducing Notification Permission Prompt Spam in Firefox
- 16 Rules of Effective UX Writing - by Nick Babich
- Cut Homeless People In Half by 2025
- Don’t kill your wife with work poster
- User Inyerface
- Our video playing User Inyerface
The Unusable podcast is presented by Andrew Waite & David Ball, who discuss the importance of user experience (UX) in technology & the world around us, & talk about great design that just works - or moan about it when it doesn’t.
Here’s the link to the episode: https://podcast.theunusable.com/podcasts/013-ux-writing-microcopy.mp3
Music is by Gold5472