Andrew & David discuss what makes the internet terrible now, like slow websites, browser inconsistencies, monopolisation & people.
Other things we talk about:
- Are URLs are too confusing for some people?
- Average size of a webpage (compared to Sonic the hedgehog)s
- Andy’s old crap Acorn computers are more efficient than todays
- Flash was fun but websites are more usable without it
- Parking machine app
- Crap digital school attendance register
- Hospital alarm fatigue & Andy’s favourite song is ruined
- Constant flood updates
- The Spirit Of The Internet
- Browser engine diversity
- The Revenge of the IE Box Model?
- False Alarms & Alert Fatigue: The Tragic Design of Hospital Alerts
The Unusable podcast is presented by Andrew Waite & David Ball, who discuss the importance of user experience (UX) in technology & the world around us, & talk about great design that just works - or moan about it when it doesn’t.
Here’s the link to the episode: https://podcast.theunusable.com/podcasts/014-internet-is-terrible-now.mp3
Music is by Gold5472