Security is a hugely important topic. David and Andrew share their look on what makes for good and bad security, talk about their own experiences in building web apps, and come to the realisation none of it matters anyway.
Other things we talk about:
- Bad actors - apparently it’s a security term
- 2 factor authentication
- Kanye West’s iPhone password
- Wifi-enabled locks & voice recognition
- Hacking smart speakers with a laser beam
- Logging in on a TV
- David’s security camera spotted Santa!
- Nicolas Cage could steal Andrew’s daughter
- Andrew annoys a coffee company
- A bad shopping experience
- How good UX leads to great security
- Password guru regrets past advice
- Man hacks wireless baby monitor, makes vulgar threats to family
The Unusable podcast is presented by Andrew Waite & David Ball, who discuss the importance of user experience (UX) in technology & the world around us, & talk about great design that just works - or moan about it when it doesn’t.
Here’s the link to the episode: https://podcast.theunusable.com/podcasts/015-security-is-pointless.mp3
Music is by Gold5472